Old 10-02-2005, 01:10 PM
OrchidKitty

Default Showing orchids in S/H in winter

I'm in New England, and my orchid society is having a show next week.
They're asking for members to bring plants. I've got some phals and a
cattleya that are showable, but they are all in S/H. Keeping plants
warm in the car is no problem. However, the show location, a large
room, is likely to be cold because the outside doors will be open when
people bring in the staging for the setup and vendors unload their
plants.

So, does anyone have any advice on this? Should I keep the reservoirs
full, or empty them? Is it likely that this experience will negatively
impact my plants--or even kill them?