Old 10-02-2005, 11:51 AM
Janet Tweedy

In article , Sacha
writes

A lot of people do
that to their own detriment, IMO, especially when meeting or mixing with
people posher than themselves.

But what exactly is posher? I know some very 'old money' people who
are really down to earth and sensible and hands-on, I also know some
very 'new money' dollops who are condescending, rude and full of their
own importance and aspire to a certain style of living.

I know two or three 'ordinary'? people who have more 'class' in their
little finger than most 'New Labour VIPs' could ever club together to
obtain.

Classy isn't 'posh', it isn't rich or important, is it?

Class in a garden to me, is being able to combine both design and
planstmen qualities and no 'good grief' factor but more 'wow, what a
wonderful garden' factor. It's more atmosphere and feeling than money
spent on hard landscaping and rareness of plants, or growing the 'in
thing' (usually grasses).

Yes I know . Janet B will now demolish my summary and come up with
something far more pithy, funny and to the point

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph