Old 10-02-2005, 12:19 PM
Sacha

On 10/2/05 11:10, in article , "Janet Tweedy"
wrote:

In article , Sacha
writes
I've always thought it was a great leveller. Everyone looks the same in
gardening clothes and the interests are the same, even if the tastes aren't.
My experience of people who are passionate about gardening and plants is
that there ARE no social barriers, except possibly from the sort of Mrs
Hampstead I was thinking of originally. And real gardeners garden, Lord or
not.

But I'm not sure that gardening is designing Sacha,

snip of interesting ideas!
On the other hand, I expect there's wonderful people who combine both
skills, though I have yet to find a designer who wants to know where the
greenhouse is going, where \I could put all my cuttings in pots and
empty flowerpots and a seed bed for new plants.

But don't you think everyone is working towards the same end, really? I'm
no good at designing but am the sort that buys a much-wanted plant and
*then* wanders around looking for a space to put it in! But we have a
friend who, while untrained, has gardened for years and is totally brilliant
at both and apparently without effort, produces the 'just right' effect
every time. He is also a wonderful interior designer (untrained) and cook
(untrained). Actually, he makes me sick! ;-)
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk