Old 10-02-2005, 06:20 PM
Travis

junkyardcat wrote:
I think that's the name anyway...has anyone grown this before? I
have a large pond and I want to plant some things that cover up
some of the ugly areas around the edge, and also create some
private areas. I saw Gunnera in a catalog and it looks neat. What
is your experience with it? Does it really grow as big as they say
it does? Is it as pretty as in the catalogs?

They are a beautiful plant. They take a few years to establish and get
to full size. They need lots of water and partial shade. Fertilize 3
times a year.

USDA Zone 8b
Sunset Zone 5