Old 10-02-2005, 06:49 PM
keith ;-\)

Default Most econimical way to heat 10x 8 greenhouse to 15c/59f min?

I have a 10x 8 greenhouse which I grow orchids ,I need to keep the
greenhouse to 15c/59f min 24/7.So need to find out the most cost effective
way (energy wise) to do this.I am currently using a 2 kw greenhouse heater
which is to expensive to run,so I have to rethink what I could use?
I know tubular heaters are quite cheap to run but don't know if they will
keep the greenhouse to the min needed in the coldest of winters.
I have seen a Colorado 2kw fan heater which says ,this unit`s cost and
efficiency savings come over time with a low power consumption of 30
watts.It costs £169.00 so don't want to buy it if it doesn't do the job &
isn't much cheaper to run for my situation,do any of you use this fan!
I am interested to know how others heat there greenhouses & costs to
maintain!

--
Thanks Keith,England,UK.