Old 10-02-2005, 08:07 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article , SteveC wrote:

How right you are I believe I was having a brain drain kinda of moment when
posting initial request. In answer to location I am just outside Edinburgh
and the house is north facing and very open with nothing to stop all weather
conditions come straight at the front porch.

That's good. South facing in the rain shadow means that you have to
grow something seriously drought resistant.

You would have little trouble with ivies, but I am not sure what other
climbers would do well in pots. Many of the annuals (e.g. morning
glory, canary creeper etc.) do, but you sound as if you want something
more permanent. Wisteria might be possible in a BIG pot.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.