Old 10-02-2005, 10:30 PM
Robert

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message
: In article ,
: Simone wrote:
:
: I have a strip of garden some 20 metres long and 2 metres wide, I
returfed
: it last summer but the grass has since died off because the area is in
: permenant shade, soil may be or is poor as well.
: I have given up on the turf idea and would like some advice on what
shrubs I
: could plant that will flower in summer and winter and compliment each
other,
: the only criteria to meet is they must like shade and not need pruning
too
: often, ground is usually damp
:
: Again, where are you? If in the south-west (i.e. warm and on acid
: soil) camellias could be very good.
:
:
: Regards,
: Nick Maclaren.

Not if it's in total shade, they need sun to make the new buds