Old 11-02-2005, 06:07 AM
USENET READER

Don't compare John Sweeney to Jimmy Hoffa - Hoffa was a crook, Sweeney
is not.

But no matter how much of a crook Hoffa was, what would you have union
people do when management and owners where fascists who created groups
like the Black Legion and the Silver Shirts (modeled after Hitler's goon
squads) to break up unions meetings and threaten union organizers? No
matter how bad you feel unions are for getting into bed with the mob,
they are not in the same league with management.

Henry Ford and Tom Watson Sr. got medals from Hitler, who wanted to send
his brown shirts to help Henry Ford break strikes in the US. Tom Watson
got his medal for helping the Germans use punch cards to identify and
round-up Jews and Gypsies and put them into concentration campsm, and
supplied the Nazies with punch card machine parts and paper for the
cards during WWII - in violation with Trading with the Enemy Acts
(meaning he was a traitor).

And Prescott Bush has a hand in managing slave labor near Auschwitz
prior to WWII, and also was in business with the Nazis from December 9,
1941 to October 1942 - when we were at war with Germany.

So don't ****ing put any labor leaders in the same league with these
traitorous corporate scumbags. If any of these corporate scumbags came
after me and my family for my efforts to get a better life through
joining a union or trying to get better working conditions on my own,
I'd take up a gun or get in bed with the mafia, and God help anyone who
stands in my way! Take that Wal-Mart!

Gregor wrote:

USENET READER wrote:

Having met John Sweeny at the AFL-CIO HQ up the street from the White
House - and even parking in his spot out front - I can tell you that he
is more like the idealistic folks who started the unions. You wrote
that the people who run the unions today are not the same people who
started them, and are not of the same quality. I wrote that you were
incorrect. But most of the anti-union people on here seem to think that
management can do no wrong - they all want to be CEOs or make their money.

Jimmy Hoffa was a very personable fellow also -- doesn't mean he
wasn't a crook.