Old 11-02-2005, 07:43 AM
Theo

Scooter the Mighty wrote:

I just wanted to thank everyone for responding to my ficus post. I
have a few books about how to do bonsai but they all seem to miss some
critical details, so it's really nice to be able to ask people who've
done it before.

As recommended of my other post, I bought a couple junipers to practice
on. Is it OK to prune them early spring, or should I wait until the
fall?

Thanks again.

it depends the sort of pruning
if you need that to make light get inside do it now and sap will flow
into the others branches and make them stronger yes!
if it is a structure pruning cold season is the best

tips pinching as you never prune tips on junipers as they get brown
otherwise , is done all growing season long, as soon as you see that is
needed to make the green plumpy like a cloud .. and keep in shape the
design you wish

--
MSN messanger / or ICQ 25 666 169 4
Private Mail :