Old 11-02-2005, 01:31 PM
Miss Perspicacia Tick

Bob Hobden wrote:
"jane" answered after
"Miss Perspicacia Tick"

~Sorry to barge in unnanounced, but I'm trying to assist my father.
He - and
~my mother - have just returned from a fortnight on La Gomera (small
island
~off the coast of Tenerife). My father borrowed my digital camera
and went ~off to shoot plants.
~
~One of them was, well he describes it as a tree, with small
five-petalled ~white/cream exquisitely-perfumed flowers with strong
yellow centres. The ~branches are a strong rusty-red colour (verging
on bright orange) and the ~leaves are akin to that of a laurel or
rhododendron. The flowers are on ~single 'stems' (for want of a
better term - can you tell I'm not a gardener?
~;o)) - at the end of the stem. I should add that the petals slightly
overlap
~each other and the edges are slightly curled inwards.

I am getting deja-vu here. Frangipani. (Plumeria)

Gorgeous smell. I love them.

Yes I'm with you Jane, although I wouldn't describe the flowers as
small, and it's the yellow centred one that has the best perfume.

Oh, and it won't grow outside in the UK in case that was your next
question.

Thanks, both of you. No, it wasn't, Bob, I know it's not hardy. It's
difficult to gauge the size of a flower from a photo - especially a close-up
where everything looks larger anyway.

Blessed Be,

Sarah

on salads.