Old 11-02-2005, 02:09 PM
Theo

Hi Willem
sorry I did not read properly your mail ,yes thread grafting is the
best solution
Trident wood is very hard so beware when you pierce not to burn the
wookd and bark

read instructions well
than start already now to leave nice valid branches to grow
straight and long and you will graft in next spring 06 unless you
already have long and flexibles thin branches available now and can
do next spring 05
I did on a deshojo 2 years ago in sept was not the right moment and
was my first one , and it grew wonderfully, I with aeparate this spring
Theo

Willem Carstens wrote:

Hi All

I have a trident maple with a really nicely tapered trunk, however all my
branches are currently
on the top third of the trunk.How do i go about encouraging lower branches
or do i have
to cut all branches off and start from scratch.

Regards
Willem Carstens
Johannesburg,South Africa.

++++Sponsored, in part, by Mike Page++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

--
MSN messanger / or ICQ 25 666 169 4
Private Mail :