Old 11-02-2005, 02:32 PM
Jim Lewis

On 11 Feb 2005 at 14:53, Theo wrote:

Keith wrote:

you could try thread grafting to solve your problem.

keith

possible but it takes 2 years to take hold , if takes hold ,and
after you need to built them anyway so = 4 years

In My book, grafting is the cure of last resort. It is only
worthwhile on a tree with EXCEPTIONAL promise, and if you have
to graft a large number of branches, how do you know the tree
has promise?

Sometimes if you nick the bark all the way through the cambium
layer -- using a very sharp knife -- that will stimulate buds
developing just over the nick.

It sounds to me, however, that this tree needs so much work that
you'd be much better off planting it in the ground and letting
it go wild for a few years.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Nature

++++Sponsored, in part, by Mike Page++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++