Old 11-02-2005, 04:18 PM
Kitsune Miko

I have tiptoed through this thread. Not sure anyone
mentioned nodes. In my experience with maples in
general is that they sprout readily at the internodes.
Seems they are programmed to do this. It is not
always easy to see internodes on a trident trunk
because they can be quite smooth, but if there are
really no internodes below the upper branches, you may
not get lower branches.

I have been fighting with a large trident for many
years trying to get branches in a bare spot. I have
inarch grafted and the graft lived for 3-4 years after
separation, then died. I am at the point where I may
just grow a new top, perhaps airlayering off the
present one.

Kits

=====
****
"Expectations are resentments under construction."

Anne Lamott

++++Sponsored, in part, by Mike Page++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++