Old 11-02-2005, 08:03 PM
Theo

Alan Walker wrote:

I don't know why grafting should be a last resort. Most
of us (including me) are quite inept at this technique, so it
probably is a last resort for most, but that has more to do with
our lack of skill rather than lack of merit for the technique.
I think some circular reasoning is behind the defamation of
grafting. It's too hard, so I don't try it, so it remains too
hard. A change in attitude could open a very viable alternative!
If you're going to plant it in the ground and go wild a
while, why avoid grafting? Give it a try. What do you have to
lose?

I have done roots grafting and it worked
the first one I did 12 years ago
I have done a a contact grafting from a branch to his own crown
and it worked
I have done another grafting with an external plant to create a
branch on chopped tree ..
all that on the same ...... Trident maple :-)
this one :

http://groups.msn.com/BonsaiItalia/i...to&PhotoID=168

you can see half of his crown comes from a side branch lifted and
contact grafted to another one and than cut .. a bad cicatrization
...bombed plenty not wonderful , I turn the tree the others side and
nobody knows but me

The middle branch , the long one has been done by fastening a baby
maple to the trunk where has been chopped and left there rooting in
the same pot as the main trunk until the grafting took hold 2 years
later and then the lower part removed it is there since 10 years now
the root cannot be seen as removed few years later as I needed to
have the tree look taller so I started discovering trunk and roots and
had to remove that one

MSN messanger / or ICQ 25 666 169 4
Private Mail :