Old 11-02-2005, 05:37 PM
Robert

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message
: In article ,
: Robert wrote:
:
: :
: : Again, where are you? If in the south-west (i.e. warm and on acid
: : soil) camellias could be very good.
:
: Not if it's in total shade, they need sun to make the new buds
:
: I have a J.C. Williams in a pot in a location where the sun never
: reaches (nor even gets close to). It flowers excellently. Camellias
: are undershrubs and are happy with shade, provided that it is not too
: dense.
:
:
: Regards,
: Nick Maclaren.

Well you learn something everyday, that is useful. I have many camellias but
have sun on all of them and the textbooks say they must have some, but as
usual gardening is not an exact science, thank goodness