Old 12-02-2005, 12:55 AM
Sacha

On 11/2/05 19:11, in article , "Mike Lyle"
wrote:

Janet Baraclough wrote:

snip
one will
have
to come out next year, when I find out which propagates
successfully.

Do tell once you know: I once tried to prop a particularly
nicely-coloured gorse I found in the wild, and failed shamefully.
Never found the parent plant again, of course.

Mike.

I wonder if some Ceanothus are particularly difficult to propagate. We have
one 'up the field' which is the most fabulous dark blue but all efforts to
strike cuttings from it fail every year. Nobody knows what it's called
because Ray was given it years ago by someone and either never knew or can't
remember the name. It's one I am particularly fond of so I'm annoyed that
it won't co-operate!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk