Old 12-02-2005, 01:21 PM
Theo

Billy M. Rhodes wrote:

In a message dated 2/11/2005 9:54:35 PM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

I don't know if this goes with the subject but my dad puts fish guts and
sometimes squid from fishing in the blender then puts the mulch in between the
soil of his plants.

This could really stink and attract all kinds of critters, but will
work as fertilizer. If the fish are from salt water (as far as I know squid are
only found in salt water) make sure you use plenty of fresh water to avoid too
much salt in your soil.

After some time his Ficus tree is has bloom so much it's unbelievable.

Although Ficus do bloom, the flowers are inside the fig where they are
pollinated by a wasp. Are you sure it is a Ficus. Although it really doesn't
matter. Fish fertilizer you remember is what tradition says the Native
Americans taught the first New England colonists to use as fertilizer.

How interesting so freshwater fish as well

MSN messanger / or ICQ 25 666 169 4
Private Mail :