Old 12-02-2005, 11:08 AM
Cheryl Isaak

On 2/11/05 11:10 PM, in article
, "Suzie-Q"
wrote:

Last spring I planted a tomato plant in a pot too late for it to
produce any fruit. A few months ago I brought it into the house
and put it in the laundry room with a flourescent light. It's doing
very well -- getting flowers on it and growing taller. Of course it's
not producing fruit.

What will happen if I take this plant outside in the spring and plant
it? Will it bare fruit, or just continue to grow without bearing
fruit?

Thanks in advance,

It should bear fruit if you take a fine paint brush and do a little hand
pollinating. Supposedly the folks at Disney do this in the hydroponics
garden.

They will, of course, be naked. You will have to dress them your self.

Cheryl