Old 12-02-2005, 11:38 AM
aquetong

Default Water Changes Necessary in Winter

This is my first Pennsylvania winter with the small, preformed pond on my
deck that was installed by the previous homeowner. I believe it is about 125
gallons. There are two pretty goldfish in the pond, about 6" long each.

In early winter I laid 2 plastic wrapped window screens over the pond and
floated a "keep a hole in the ice" device in the pond.

My question: is it necessary to do anything to the water in the pond during
the winter? I keep checking and the fish are alive (and well?). They hang
out under the de-icer device.

Thanks for your help.

MC