Old 12-02-2005, 06:08 PM
June Hughes

In message , Mike
writes
"June Hughes" wrote in message
In message , Droog Genzel
writes
I have just realised that I produce a fair amount of shredded paper in my
home office from one of those small paper shredders. This one cuts it up
into small pieces.
Instead of binning this, is it any use putting it into the compost bin ?

I used to shred mine and compost it but now the council collects it
weekly for recycling. It used to break down well.
--
June Hughes

June can you give us a run down on proportions to use, and do you mix it in
or just dump it on top of the heap/compost bin? (We operate bins, we have
three of them)

I have a barrel which turns, which I bought from Barnet council around
10 years ago for £10. I just layered the shredded paper with garden
refuse but that didn't work as well as the net-fabric-walled heap we
also had. I suppose there was more ventilation but unfortunately, I
disposed of that last year. I have never thought about proportions but
I should think if you put more paper on the heap than garden waste, you
will have a problem.
--
June Hughes