Old 12-02-2005, 11:11 PM
NetMax

"Bill Stock" wrote in message
I'm looking for some info on drip irrigation parts. I'll be setting up
a continuous water change system down the road (tank needs moved
first), so I'm doing a bit of research. I've seen that some people use
a pressure regulator valve and others use a "drip irrigation
controller". I gather the drip irrigation controller is more precise
and more expensive. Perhaps someone can give me the details of their
setup and the pros and cons of the two methods. Also where to buy
parts, HD for a water pressure valve?

My plan is two use a water pressure regulator, water filter with GAC
cartridges, siphon overflow and a solenoid with float switch for
backup. BTW, should the pressure regulator go before or after the water
filter? I may also have to add an auto doser for dechlor, but I'll have
to do some testing first.

TIA

Use activated carbon to de-chlor. For chloramines, carbon still works,
but Centaur carbon would be the recommended choice (there are many carbon
grades available). You want about 2.5gpm or slower for carbon to
de-chlor. Position the carbon filter downstream of other filters as
carbon will exhaust itself on other contaminants as well.

Research automatic lawn sprinkler systems for a bevy of applicable
components (controllers, valves etc).
--
www.NetMax.tk