Old 13-02-2005, 03:25 AM
Bill Oliver

In article om,
wrote:
Another question, is it hard to grow these? I have heard some people
use them as landscape plants. How big do they get and are they hard to
take car of? Do they require alot of water?

I planted a few along my backyard fence last year. They grew well
with minimal intervention and turned a beautiful red in the fall.
I've been told that they might get a little spindly and not be
all that pretty in the late winter as they get big; this year
the winter was mild enough that they didn't even lose all their
leaves.

I'm not all that concerned with harvesting them -- I'm growing
them for the wildfowl and critters. If I can grab a handful for
myself when I'm out in the yard sometime, I'll be happy.

billo