Old 13-02-2005, 02:15 AM
Bonnie

~ jan JJsPond.us wrote:
What is your plan for filtration? Is HDPE the stiffer, thinner stuff, also
called Permalon? (Off on tangent, where is Ken?)

I've only worked with EPDM, and from other posters here it seems easier to
work with as far as installing pipes and bottom drains. It is heavy though,
especially that much of it. ~ jan

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 20:50:02 GMT, "peter p@n" wrote:

I dug a big hole (about 9000 square feet surface; 7 feet max. depth; bank at
4:1 slope) to make a waterfoul and wildlife pond. I have to use a liner. The
selection is between EPDM and HDPE.
which one is better?
do you have any link to suggest?

thanks a lot

pp

I have used both and think they are both very good. The
EPDM will conform to the shape of the pond more easily, but
is very heavy. HDPE will fold and is lighter in weight and
much less expensive. I purchased my HDPE (Permalon) for
Kencofish.com and my EDPM is from Tetra - you can check out
their web sites.

--
Bonnie
NJ