Old 13-02-2005, 10:28 AM
Martin

I will second those opinions.

I have a soft spot for Fragrant Cloud, I remember my wife's Grandmother
tended just this one bush of Fragrant Cloud in a garden of about 200 roses
tended by my Farther-In-Law. The Fragrant Cloud bush out shone all others in
size, flower bearing and fragrance, but then gran was feeding it three times
a day with scraps from the kitchen: tea leaves and egg shells.

I also have a fondness for my Namesake -Double Delight.

Another exceptionally fragrant rose is the English Rose named Gertrude
Jekyll which I grow on a south facing fence near to my patio. The perfume is
magic!

Regards

Martin Double
Bexrose - Webmaster

Email:
Web Site:
http://home.btconnect.com/cadoss/bexrose

"Burt Smith" wrote in message
. com...
Susan H. Simko wrote:
Dennis wrote:

My wife loves a fragrant cloud...

My favourite scented rose is my double delight roses. Not only do they
smell magnificent but they are beautiful to watch as they turn from
white with red edges to red. *smile*

My sentiments exactly. My 15 yr old Double Delight is a joy every year.

Burt