Old 13-02-2005, 07:57 PM
Timothy

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 12:23:29 -0600, John Prokovich wrote:

Looking to buy a new walk behind. Saw a LB at HD that had what I wanted
but on the carton were the words"assembled in mexico". I assume all the
parts were made in the US? LB is owned by Toro located in MN. John
Saint Charles,MO

I know the very mower that you speak of. I picked one of these up slightly
used and rather cheap. As far as I can tell, these are mostly american
made but as far as being made by toro is just a dream. They have been
"licensed" by toro and most likely made by mdt. This was told to me by my
local toro dealer. The toro and lawnboys from home depo are really the
very same mower made by the very same plant. All that seems to be
different is the color of the machines and the motors. The lawnboy has a
honda and I'm unsure what the toro has. The honda motor was the reason I
bought the lawnboy. I like having spare motors around if my commercial
honda goes tits up on me for some reason.

Things that I don't like about the lawnboy a
1 The stupid handle bar. It's super cheap metal. The lawnboy is set up so
you can step on a bar that makes it so you can fold the handle up as to
get to the bagger. This is a terrible design. My handle is already bent.

2 The rear drive wheels are plastic. When you have a metal drive gear and
plastic wheel gear, things tend to get striped real quick. I've replaced
the left wheel already.

Understandably the issues I have with this mower may not be issues that
home owners would have. I'm rather abusive to this machine. I use it to do
my thatching mows (bagging the crumbs after a thatching job), or mowing
two foot tall grass with the side discharge. I must admit that the honda
motor starts on the first pull everytime.

--
Yard Works Gardening Co.
http://www.ywgc.com