Old 13-02-2005, 08:57 PM
keith ;-\)

I live in Nottingham,England & we have a wheelie bin for
cardboard/paper,food tins,pop cans,plastic pop bottles.And another one for
our general household waste that isn't recyclable.And also a blue plastic
box for glass bottles.
I cant understand why your council don't take card.
--
Thanks Keith,England,UK.
"Douglas" wrote in message
news

Where we are, the council (West Dunbartonshire) have given us a blue bin
for things such as newspapers, magazines and plastic bottles, all for
recycling.

What you say about cardboard and similar items is quite interesting
though, becuase the council will not accept cardboard and the like.

We have also recently been given a brown bin for garden waste, so I can
see that making a nice composting bin.......
I hear they are going to be giving us another one for something(I can't
remember off hand) too.
And here, I didn't think West Dunbartinshire had the money!! (we are
one of the poorest in Scotland).

An interesting thread anyway.

We recycle all our glass and things ourselves locally.

--
Douglas