Old 13-02-2005, 09:45 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Kay wrote:
How well do ramsons compete with ivy? The original ramsons clump at the
nature park is being overrun by ivy, and since holding the ivy back is
going to be a losing battle, I've been transplanting a few seedlings
into other likely spots. But how long will the original clump be able to
hold out?

Not long. I can't tell you what conditions each prefer, but I can say
that each will outcompete the other if the conditions are right. If
that were not so, one or the other would be extinct in the UK. The
solution is to ensure that the conditions favour the ramsons - but I
am afraid that I can't help with how to do that.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.