Old 13-02-2005, 10:06 PM
Sacha

On 13/2/05 18:38, in article , "Franz
Heymann" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
k...

snip
I was writing of people that I had met or who
had
lived in Jersey during my lifetime (by implication) You perhaps,
would
settle for Victor Hugo, Millais, Charles II.

I bet you are not as old as that either. {;:-))

On cold mornings, I feel as if ...... ;-)

snip

G.B. Shaw also had some temporary claim to fame. Who knows anything
about his plays nowadays, except perhaps for that popularised musical?
(Which I thoroughly enjoy)

Did he ever live in Jersey? ;-)

Gerald Durrell changed the approach to keeping animals
in zoos and pioneered breeding programmes to reintroduce species to

their
native countries - that work is durable. I respect your criteria

but they
are not the only ones that count. Especially as it would appear

that people
have to be dead for centuries before even being considered eligible

for a
discussion on current fame!

All four my random samples were famous in their lifetimes.

As are the ones I offered.

May I suggest we have by now had our fun on this topic?

Certainly. Dorma bene. ;-)
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk