Old 14-02-2005, 10:12 AM
Nancy

thanks for that tip marko
i will try it, also will put some snail pellets around
and see if they eat them.
cheers
Nancy

"marko zuvela" wrote in message
You're right Nancy & I 've found them in the soil of pots so I think
they're
also eating roots as well.
If you have a plague of them you could also bury containers into the
ground
where they can fall in & not get out like a cockroach trap.
"Nancy" wrote in message
I have been out in the garden at first light and it is
Slaters eating my plant seedlings.
At first I thought it must be snails or something so
I went out early to check.
I had always assumed that they only ate the dead matter also.
cheers
Nancy
"Ken Oaf" wrote in message
On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 08:20:32 +0800, "Nancy" wrote:

does anyone have any idea how to get rid of slaters.
as quick as i plant out seedlings the slaters eat them.
i have tried the slater powder but it doesn't have any effect.
cheers

As others have said, it isn't slaters.

Most likely snails are doing the damage. Could also be grasshoppers.