Old 14-02-2005, 12:03 PM
Sacha

On 14/2/05 11:03, in article , "Ellen Connell"
] wrote:

I have a four year old amaryllis bulb which has never flowered, every
year it gives me an abundance of leaves. I have re-potted but it makes
no difference. Help.

I don't know much about these but I think the re-potting could be the
problem. They seem to do best when their roots are restricted. We have one
here that was a present about 4 or 5 years ago and it has never been
re-potted and is practically bursting the pot it's in. It flowers
extravagantly once a year and slightly less so a second time. Certainly,
I've always been told that they like to be 'cosy' in their pots!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk