Old 14-02-2005, 03:30 PM
Mark

You are a bit ahead of schedule, aren't you?

Totally depends on where he lives. He's not ahead of schedule here in
Zone 9. I already have six flats of seedings well under way.

Zone 8a. Mid-March is usually the latest frost we'll see around here
(Dallas, TX area).

I'm not familiar with the Jiffy Greenhouse, but if it has a removable
greenhouse top, it should be removed when the first seedlings sprout.

Ah. Didn't do that, although I'm only about 2-3 days off from when
everything sprouted.

How long are you leaving the lights on? The plants need around 16

hours
of light from fluorescent fixtures. Make sure you keep the tubes as
close as you can to the seedlings without them touching.

About 15-16 hours a day- 9 a.m. to about midnight or so.

Cereus' suggestion for a fan is a good one. Also, to strenghthen the
seedlings' stems, gently run your hands over the tops of them every
day, lightly brushing them a bit.

I'll try that - will a ceiling fan running in the room work? I already
have that going, but I can set up another one.