Old 14-02-2005, 05:33 PM
Steve

Katra wrote:

In article ,
Steve wrote:
I have some doubt about what they mean by oil based insecticide. Some
insecticides are wettable powders to be mixed with water. Some in liquid
form are also water based. Some liquid insecticides are in an oil base
(you still usually mix that liquid with water). More often, these are
referred to as petroleum based insecticides. These can be harsh on
delicate plants. I wouldn't think cactus would be delicate but I'm not
sure. If you burn a few leaves on a plant that can grow new leaves,
that's one thing but if you burn your cactus, it's scared for life.
They may have simply been referring to products like the "SunSpray
Ultra-fine" oil that I mentioned in my first post in this thread.

Steve

Hmmmmm... I wonder if I mixed pennyroyal essential oil with some
vegatable based oil to act as a diluent? Scale as adults are sessile, so
those breeders I need to kill. :-P I can put the oil spray into a spray
oil dispenser used for cooking. AKA an "oil pump"

I'm finally getting pennyroyal established in one of my raised beds.
Great ground cover and acts as "green mulch" and is insect repellant.

D'you think this might work?.....................................

It might, but I have no way of knowing for sure. At this point you are
doing an experiment, so you are on your own! ;-)

Steve