Old 14-02-2005, 06:15 PM
Fishy

Mike C wrote:
I took a peak under my pond cover and noticed 1 of my 6 Koi was dead.
It is laying at the bottom of the pond near where the other fish are.
Should I get it out or just leave it? I am a little concerned that
poking a net down there is going to really disturb the other Koi.

Will
leaving the dead fish have a negative impact on the water quality

(pond
is 500 gallons)? I am in Chicago and the water temp is around 40 now.

Get the fish out as soon as you can. Any disturbance to the remaining
fish will be minimal but the decomposition of a dead fish will create a
lot of bacterial and fungal growth and worsen the water quality.