Old 14-02-2005, 02:58 PM
Mike Lyle

June Hughes wrote:
In message , Kay
writes
In article , Mike Lyle
mike_lyle_uk@REM OVETHISyahoo.co.uk writes

Ah, you can't be as old as I am, can you?

I'm the 'next generation' (you are the same age as my father)

Isn't it strange how his
influence has virtually dropped dead?

Isn't it that the focus has shifted to the contemporary? (Except

in
architecture ;-) )

For example, are younger people aware that George Orwell wrote
anything apart from Animal Farm and 1984?

Almost certainly not, and if so, it's a pity.

Or was the interest always in the contemporary - it's just that

you
and I no longer are? ;-)

I'm afraid it is probably the latter. The OU are still using GBS.

I fear you may be right; but I'm not knocking David hare et al. Good
to know the OU still recognize him.

Mike.