Old 14-02-2005, 10:43 PM
Mike C

Okay, I will get it out of there . However, don't act like leaving it
is absurd:

1)I've read that if ice forms in the winter you shouldn't pound on it
so you don't disturb the domant Koi. Certainly hitting with a new would
disturb them even more.
2) Fish die all the time in nature and nobody gets them out.
3) If the pond was covered in snow/ice, you wouldn't even know there
was a dead fish to remove.

Roy wrote:
On 14 Feb 2005 09:38:50 -0800, "Mike C"
wrote:

===I took a peak under my pond cover and noticed 1 of my 6 Koi was

dead.
===It is laying at the bottom of the pond near where the other

fish are.
===Should I get it out or just leave it? I am a little concerned

that
===poking a net down there is going to really disturb the other

Koi. Will
===leaving the dead fish have a negative impact on the water

quality (pond
===is 500 gallons)? I am in Chicago and the water temp is around

40 now.

Are you for real...afraid to disturb the other fish and would even
think about leaving a dead fish there until conditions that suit you
are right before you remove it, which by then would be nothing but a
swirling mess of koi bones and scal;es and fungal growths and

probably
a few more dead koi as well. Get in there remove the dead fish, and
don;t worry about disturbing the others, they will do just fine from
what disturbance you may make.

REMEMBER: "This is worth repeating for benefit of al newbies!
Jo Ann asked Dr. Solo to remind people that while she has retired

from selling GF (and sold
the business to Ken Fischer http://dandyorandas.com/) she has NOT

retired from
helping people with sick GF and koi FOR FREE. 251-649-4790 phoning

is best for
diagnosis. but, can try email put "help sick fish" in subject. Get

your fish at Dandy Orandas
Dandy Orandas Dandy Orandas........you guys got that DANDY ORANDAS