Old 15-02-2005, 01:38 PM
Bob Hobden

"Nick Maclaren" wrote after
Dwayne :
I read that putting broken egg shells around the roots of the plants that
are being or going to be bothered by nematodes, will get rid of them. It
seems that there is another little bug that loves the lining of egg
shells.
When you bury them, these bugs move in. Then they find the nematode eggs
and realize that they like those better than egg shells, and gets rid of
nematodes by killing the babies. Apparently the new bugs are harmless to
your garden and to you, but that they are very effective at getting rid of
the pests.

Interesting. Unfortunately, we don't eat that many eggs :-(

A local Canteen/Cafe/Restaurant perhaps?
--
Regards
Bob