Old 15-02-2005, 05:48 PM
Timothy

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 04:16:12 +0000, Oscar_Lives wrote:

Bullshit. Everyone who has been awake for the last two decades knows that
the quality of US automobiles has been playing catch-up to the Japanese
and Koreans for years.
Japanese steel beats the crap out of US's for quality and production
costs. Why do you think so many US steel mills are closed? They couldn't
compete against the Japanese.
Pull your finger out of your ass and look around and read some.

Cars:
The auto market was/has/is driven my American inovation and technology.
Feel free to yell about it untill your blue in the face, but you just
can't change the facts.

Steel:
Japan is making high quality steel.....With our raw materials. The
japanese do not have enough ore and coke to support an industry. The U.S
steel markets are being hurt by many different factors. Some of which are
the fact that India and China are state subsidizing steel production at a
industry loss. In the mid 1990's, the asian markets crashed and we (U.S.)
lost market share in exports due to the fact that asia wasn't buying.
After the market crash, the asian steel markets went into over drive and
they started flooding the markets with cheap, low quality, goverment
subsidized steel. U.S corps bought up this cheap steel and started
producing low quality goods. The u.s domestic markets couldn't compete any
longer due to the lower quality demands of the corps.

Sidenote... My wife had a '99 honda civic. She rear ended a ford focus at
25 miles an hour. The honda is completly totaled (I have the photos),
while the ford needed a 300 dollar bumper replacement. The hood of the
folded up like a lawn chair. Great quality there...ppffttt.

Ha! No-skilled UAW jobs that average over $50k a year are what I am
talking about. However, you are right, they are getting harder and harder
to find, as these no skilled jobs go straight to mexico, china, and other
countries that have workers willing to work hard at high quality and not
be so ****ing greedy.

This is just a crazy statement. The ceo of GM deserves 400 times the pay
of the factory floor workers? My father worked for pontiac back in the
1970's after he got home from the war. It's not an easy job, these guys
don't just sit there and watch the cars roll off the lines themselves. The
models change every year along with many of the parts. This by no means is
a "low" skilled job. Guess that you would be o.k. with a bunch of low
skilled, non-trained, low paid monkeys putting your car together for you.
You feel free to put your family in one of those..... Go buy a Kia then.

Maybe I could get idiots like you who believe the drivel that spews out of
their shop steward's asses to pay me 50K plus bennies. You seem to be
quite the idiot who parts easily with money and believes that shit doesn't
stink.

So your lossing your arguement, so you pull out the name calling. lol. Did
you not see my sig at the bottom of my posts? I'm a dba, self employed man
with no shop steward. From the way you speak, sounds like you just missed
out becoming one and now you forever ****ed about it.

I don't part with my money easily at all. I shop as locally as possible
and do my best not to support business that could care less about my
community. When I shop locally, more of my money stays in my community and
is spread through out my community again and again. My city get's more
sales tax revenue and more of my local citizens have employment, lest we
forget who really drives the economy...Small Business!

Industrial engineer with a hard-earned master's degree making $68k a year.
My US company would pay me double (tax free) to go to china to help
start up more plants.
Go suck on this BS. Take your head out of your steward's ass and look
around and see what is going on in the world.

Again you seem too slow to get the point. Your "US company would pay"
would pay you double.... not the chinese economy. Your company would pay
you well to help dismantlethe American manufacturing base.. Woo Hoo. If
you got on a plane today, flew over there and tried to make a new start
with your education, you most certantly wouldn't make more than 68K us.
Let alone double abnd that's a fact. So go bust out some straws and slurp
up your own BS 'cause I ain't having it.

Go **** yourself and keep believing what your steward tells you that the
US is all powerful and that you are worth so much to him and your
employer, even though you have no skills.
I'll bet you think the government owes you free health care, retirement,
and air jordans.

If I could **** myself, I highly doubt that I'd ever leave my house...lol.
Hummor aside tho, I'm not listening to any shop stewards, I'm reading and
watching the news. No wonder we are so far off track in this country when
it's full of un-patriotic, apathitic workers like yourself. Your distain
of your own country and it's people is a bit shocking from someone from
Jefferson City Mo. Do your neighbors know how un-patriotic you are, or
they those "un-skilled" workers that you hate so much?

Feel free to reply if you wish, but really I'm done with you. This thread
is way off topic atm and arguing with you is just pointless. Here's a link
that sums all of this up:

http://www.7uh.com/uploader/uploads/retarded.jpg

Enjoy your day Oscar.

--