Old 15-02-2005, 03:10 PM
Toni

"peter" wrote in message
Hi
I'm planning to build a few concrete block garden beds, probably three
blocks high, ten blocks long at the max, on a concrete floor.
What are the growing mediums better suited to this?
Is it a good idea to waterporoof/seal the inner surfaces?
Do you have to use mortar for a wall three bricks high?

I would also be concerned about the soil going very alkaline with this much
concrete surrounding it. Sealing would help of course but if any acid loving
crops go bad on you this is why.
Lots of compost in the soil and periodic pH checks would be a good idea.

Toni Carroll
Zone 10