Old 15-02-2005, 02:16 PM
David

Thanks, Robert. Had intended to make a start but heavy frost forecast so
I'll wait a couple of weeks!
regards,
David

"Robert" wrote in message

"David" wrote in message
:I have 40 established rose bushes which I will need to move. This is to
: allow for a wall being removed and to make way for a hedge. For some of
the
: bushes I propose moving them by a couple of feet (probably about a dozen
in
: total) but for the rest I will be moving them to another part of my
garden.
: I know that moving them is risky, but I would like to try and save as

many
: as I can. What can I do to have the best chance of succeeding? Should I

be
: moving them at this time of the year?
:
: regards,
:
: David

Shouldn't be risky really. They will need digging out with as much root as
possible, pruned right back to a couple buds and planted very firmly with

handful of bonemeal and some manure incorporated into each planting hole