Old 16-02-2005, 12:11 AM
Douglas[_1_] Douglas[_1_] is offline
Registered User

[quote=jane]On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 01:45:50 +0000, Douglas
wrote:

~..The was of the Worlds??
:-) You mean War of the Worlds I assume!

****
Yes, just a Typo.
****

~Sorry, that was Orson Welles wasn't it??
Er, no. HG Wells... Orson Welles just read it on the radio and scared
half of America in the '30s...

*****
I knew it was something like that ;-)
*****

~Getting the Orwell and Orson mixed up (oops).
And the Herbert George

*****
Yes, I have to get back to these things, but why read these things because you feel that you have too, rather than becuase you want to??
*****

Oh I did those for O level. Still like Wilfrid Owen, terrible waste of
talent as war always is. Was a strange thing to teach 15-year olds

*****
I think you may have answered yourself there with it being a waste.
*****

but
it was compensated for by doing Ovid in Latin (ooer).

*****
Doing Shakespeare in Glasweigian was enough for me ;-)
Well use it to fertilise the Christmas trees then.
I have a feeling the market is going to peak sometime next January.