Old 15-02-2005, 11:48 PM
Gary Flynn

Marcella Peek wrote:
Last year my little lemon trees were attacked. A trip to the local
nursery with a trimming in a zip lock bag got me a diagnosis and a
bottle of spray. I had to spray weekly and seemed to just keep the
critters at bay. They went away for the winter but now are back.

Anyone have any recommendations for a solution? What I was using last
year was a spray for scale by "Safer" brand for fruit and vegetables.
One tree lost quite a few leaves and I'm thinking I need something a bit
more effective.

marcella

You didn't say how little your lemon trees were
but after using horticultural oil on my kaffir
limes last year, this year I just scrapped them
by hand when I saw the first couple scale bugs
when I brought them inside and haven't had any
problems since. Might've just been a good
year though.