Old 16-02-2005, 07:23 AM
Katra

In article ,
"Loki" wrote:

il Mon, 14 Feb 2005 16:43:49 -0600, Katra ha scritto:

lol Ok, I just did not know if anyone had any experience with
pennyroyal. I know it sure works for fleas, and tends to keep slugs and
stuff out of the gardens where it is growing!

Bugs are very diverse, and what works for one won't always work for
another. Slugs are soft and squishy but scale are hard and it seems
that probably protects them from poison. The consensus seems to be to
suffocate them. But where there are scale there may be others, like
mealey bug, and they need poison. Greenhouse hygiene is a whole
science on its own.

Indeed... ;-)

Best to study up on it through books and
university notes.
Goodluck. :-)

Thanks!

Right now I'll just clean them off by hand and pick up some pyrethrin to
hopefully keep the "crawlers" killed and see what happens!

I may have to set up some sort of quaranteen area for infected plants.

So far, the scale has only attacked my San Pedros.

Wouldn't you know they are attacking the only cactus I'm currently
trying to propagate to help pay for my plant hobby... :-P

For a nice healthy 12" to 18" San Pedro with some girth, I can get about
$25.00.

sigh

--
K.

Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

As we go through life thinking heavy thoughts, thought particles
tend to get caught between the ears causing truth decay- so be sure
to use mental floss twice a day. -- Swami Beyondanada