Old 16-02-2005, 06:29 PM
simy1

My advice is to use drip. There are many fine websites that will help
you through the installation. Here is the one I used

http://stores.tiefert.com/garden/irrigation.html

I followed its advice to the letter, and I got high quality material
coming in through the mail. The only problem I had was that my only
outside faucet and the irrigation threads did not match properly. I
solved that with a trip to the local irrigation store. I, too, was
concerned about pressure, but if I can run 450ft of connection tubing,
attached to 200 ft of drip lines (eight in total) so will you. I have,
of course, a four faucets multiplier attached to that thing now.

Soaker hoses are not as good. Those I have tend to clog (the drip
system has turbulent flow, and can be washed at each end of season),
water unevenly, they don't branch easily, and they are very short for
my purposes. They were a waste of money. The drip system is gold. All I
need to do is turn on the water when I get home, and turn it off before
coming in for dinner.