Old 16-02-2005, 11:27 PM
Travis

Mark Anderson wrote:
I have an indoor ficus that seems to be dying or starting the
process of "swirling down the drain." I've had this plant for
three years now and although they don't do very well in the winter,
this winter all the leaves have drooped, something I've never seen
out of these plants. I put 2 pics up at:

http://www.brandylion.com/images/ficus/index.html

It's in an 18" pot, the same pot for 3 years so I'm not sure if
it's root bound or needs to be upgraded to a 20" pot. The soil is
moist so I'm afraid of juicing it with some Miracle Grow. When I
juiced my Rosemary with Miracle Grow it only made things worse. I
did have this plant in a rather cold area of the house. This
winter I closed that area off even more to save heat so it might
have gotten in the 40s or 50s up there for a few cold days. I have
since moved it downstairs and in a sunny room hoping that it will
survive.

Can anyone think of what else I can do? Trim it perhaps? I really
don't want to lose this plant. The leaves look a lot more healthy
in the pictures. They feel very thin and papery to the touch.

BTW: I'm in Zone 5 Chicago to give an idea of the light cycles
going on here.

The cold prolly caused the leaf drop unless it was over watered.
Fertilizer is the last thing it needs. I believe they are native in
India that should give you a clue as to what they need as far as sun and
temperature.

USDA Zone 8b
Sunset Zone 5