Old 16-02-2005, 11:28 PM
Travis

John Tucker wrote:
I have very small back yard so I'm in big-time need of a privacy
hedge. I'm also interested in something that grows fast because I
don't plan on being here for more than another three years or so.
I've seen some yards with bamboo, which seems to provide for a
nice, thick privacy screen. I've also just started looking into
Austree Hybrids, which can grow six to seven feet in one season -
http://austree.com/rma/trees/index.html.
Does anyone here have experience with either of these and care to
comment or advise?

You might also ask about bamboo in rec.gardens.bamboo.

I grow bamboo and it will not grow enough in three years to do what you
want. You could buy very big bamboo but it would be very expensive. I
know nothing about the trees you asked about. I have never seen them at
a retail outlet.

USDA Zone 8b
Sunset Zone 5