Old 17-02-2005, 01:46 AM
Warren

simy1 wrote:
to continue my previous post: the other thing about soakers is that
their jets
spread water a bit more than drip but will wet leaves as well. soakers
and tomatoes, for example, won't mix (same for squash). and of course
they tend to use more water.

Jets? Spread water? Use more water?

I think we're talking about two different things here.

The soaker hoses I'm talking about weep water. They have no spray at
all. They simply weep water and soak the ground.

Maybe you're thinking of those flat things with the pinholes that spray
water along their length. I've heard some people call them soakers
because you can get soaking wet when you're around them, but I'm talking
about the recycled rubber hoses that weep.

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.
Get ready for spring with Black & Decker landscaping tools:
http://www.holzemville.com/mall/blac...ker/index.html