Old 16-02-2005, 09:59 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Sacha wrote:

A useful object that is wider than a broom handle is a vaccuum
cleaner pipe - most of them have at least one end that is free of
plastic clips.

I must be getting old. I've run out of vacuum cleaners.

You clearly aren't a natural sheddi (see uk.rec.sheds). I keep all
of my old vaccuum cleaner pipes for use around the garden. They
make excellent extensions for loppers (though I have bent mine by
using them), they can be used as water conduit to the roots of
plants (a dry terrain trick, probably irrelevant to you, but it used
to be relevant here and is in California) and they are useful in
many other ways (even excluding large roottrainer formers).

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.