Old 17-02-2005, 01:49 PM
dps

While the recycled tire soaker hoses just ooze water generally, they
sometimes do develop (manufacturing defects?) pinholes that can spray
out 5' or more. This is moderately common with the ones I've used, but
not a real problem unless you are trying to keep your foliage dry. Then
Murphy steps in and your hose will leak more. I estimate that less than
1% of the water is lost in unwanted jets.

Warren wrote:
...Jets? Spread water? Use more water?

I think we're talking about two different things here.

The soaker hoses I'm talking about weep water. They have no spray at
all. They simply weep water and soak the ground...