Old 17-02-2005, 04:13 PM
PlainBill

How much lattitude is allowed?

I assume discusion of 'water features' should be permittted.

Reminders to "Watch out for alligators while trying to drain a swamp"
would seem to be on topic. (Especially relavent to some of my
projects).

Transporting live fish is obviously on topic.

But how about other creatures that live in water - such as turtles,
beaver or muskrats? And would this include other members of genus
(snapping turtles are on topic - but how about a desert tortise?)

And (after my last experince cleaning up the muck at the bottom of the
pond), is mud wrestling on topic?

We now return you to ponding.

PlainBill

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 02:11:23 GMT, "Gail Futoran"
wrote:

"Mark and Kim Smith" wrote in message
Wow! Usenet police. What does OT mean??

Off topic. Most groups don't mind a few off topic
posts, especially if they have a remote connection
to the group - like Kathy's post about water dogs.

rec.ponds is, IMO (in my opinion), one of the better
groups for staying mostly on topic.

Gail

He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression, for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself.
-Thomas Paine