Old 17-02-2005, 03:09 PM
Mike Lyle

Chris French and Helen Johnson wrote:
In message , Mike Lyle

[...]
I'm still suspicious. I received the email, but Yahoo! put it in

my
bulk folder: surely the real people would have been able to
circumvent that?

No scanning system is going to be perfect and how do n.i.n know

what
technique Yahoo use?

If they aren't likely to know, who on earth is? I get regular bulk
mailings from, e.g., the BBC, Computer Weekly, and Amazon straight to
my inbox without interception. It's interesting that this is the
first non-spam I can remember Yahoo sending to the bulk folder in a
year or so.

And I know they're German, but surely they know better than to

write
"April 1th" (significant date) and "March 31th"? Thoundth rather

like
a thtunt.

It is perfectly genuine, the stuff is on their website.

http://news.individual.net/commercial.php

Personally, while sad I'm not surprised, but I think it just got

too
popular.. At 10 Euro it's still a bargain.

Yes, I've checked, too, and I see that it is genuine; and six quid is
certainly a bargain, even with their occasional erratic failures to
post (the dreaded "line 3 too long").

Mike.